About the Study
Cal Poly Pomona's Noyce Master Teacher Fellows study is a research study conducted by Dr. Rebecca Eddy at Cobblestone Applied Research & Evaluation, Inc., and Dr. Nicole Wickler at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) to evaluate the impact of a professional development program for teachers of 7th and/or 8th grade math and/or science. The study is supported by the National Science Foundation and the San Gabriel Valley Science Project. The research will compare outcomes of the Noyce Master Teachers Fellows with those that ordinarily occur from professional development for middle-school teachers.
Participation in the study is voluntary. The value of the research depends on the completion of all research activities by the study participants, over the full term of the project.
In order to be considered for the study, you must have the following qualifications:
- A Master's Degree, completed by Summer 2012
- A minimum of three years teaching experience
- Teaching 7th and/or 8th grade math and/or science
- Letter of Recommendation from your administrator
- Commitment to the full length of the program